[heat][tripleo][governance] Governance of os-*-config and future of software deployment feature

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 04:44:10 UTC 2023

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 5:08 PM Tobias Urdin <tobias.urdin at binero.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> IIRC isn’t those used by Magnum in combination with the heat agent?

Good catch !

Quick search[1] shows magnum and tacker are using SoftwareDeployment
resources.
Usage in tacker looks like a test code[2] while usage in Magnum looks real
one.
So we can't deprecate the feature immediately unless we discuss how
feasible it is
to replace that usage.

[1]
https://codesearch.opendev.org/?q=OS%3A%3AHeat%3A%3ASoftwareDeployment&i=nope&literal=nope&files=&excludeFiles=&repos=