[puppet] Retiring untested and unmaintained modules (murano, rally and tacker)

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 02:19:11 UTC 2023

On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 10:48 PM Takashi Kajinami <tkajinam at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've not heard any additional feedback so far, so I'd like to decide the
> next steps about
> the three modules.
>
> 1. puppet-murano
> We'll continue maintaining this module based on the response by Andy.
> I've managed to restore acceptance tests for puppet-murano[1] which would
> allow us to catch
> quite essential deployment problems.
> We might need to address the remaining two problems but we don't have
> capacity to address
> these two immediately so I'll leave these two as future TODO. It'd be nice
> if anyone interested
> can help us with these items.
>  - acceptance tests in Ubuntu are still broken
>  - no functional tests are enabled (murano is still disabled in
> integration tests)
>
> [1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/puppet-murano/+/872102
>

> 2. puppet-rally
> I've proposed a few critical bug fixes [2] during this cycle and I think
> we should create a release
> containing these fixes. So I'll retire this module after the Antelope
> release.
>
> [2] example https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/puppet-rally/+/869628
>

> 3. puppet-tacker
> We haven't heard any actual objection to retiring this module and we don't
> see any critical
> fixes/features merged during this cycle so I'll retire this module
> immediately.
> @Yasufumi Ogawa <yasufum.o at gmail.com> Do you have any update about the
> confirmation ?
>
> In case anyone has additional concerns, then please let me know.

Because I've not heard any objections for almost 1 month, I've submitted
the changes to retire
puppet-tacker and will get these merged before the Antelope release.
In case you have any concerns then please let me know in this thread or in
these reviewers.

https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:retire-puppet-tacker