[magnum] Propose deprecation of Docker Swarm, CoreOS, fedora-ironic

Jake Yip jake.yip at ardc.edu.au
Wed Feb 22 10:41:59 UTC 2023

Hi,

Due to limited resources, Magnum team has decided to put most effort
into supporting the most popular use case - Kubernetes on Fedora CoreOS.

In light of that, we are seeking maintainers for the less well
maintained drivers / COE - Docker Swarm, CoreOS and fedora-ironic
drivers. The reasons are as follows:

- Docker Swarm - It uses Fedora Atomic which has been EOL [1]

- CoreOS - It is EOL [2]

- fedora-ironic - Not tested, unsure if it is still working

If anyone wants to take up maintenance of any of the above, we will be
glad. Please let us know either through the ML or at the Magnum meetings.

If there are no suitable maintainers, we will start the deprecation of
these before end of Antelope.

Regards,
Jake

[1]: https://projectatomic.io/blog/2019/11/fedora-atomic-host-nearing-eol/