[nova] Clean up "building" instances

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Mon Feb 20 18:18:00 UTC 2023

> Thanks, I forgot to mention that nova doesn't seem to know about them (yet?):
>
> control01:~ # nova show 0453a7e5-e4f9-419b-ad71-d837a20ef6bb
> ERROR (CommandError): No server with a name or ID of
> '0453a7e5-e4f9-419b-ad71-d837a20ef6bb' exists.
>
> That's why I was already thinking about modifying the db.

This is probably because whatever network issues you were having
resulted in not writing instance map records in the api database. Thus
Nova can list them, but not find them on their own by UUID. I think you
should be able to use 'nova-manage cell_v2 map_instances' (only needed
on cell0) to rebuild those and then you can likely delete (and/or reset
first) them.

--Dan