[Telemetry][release] release job failure: python-aodhclient 3.1.0

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 20 12:22:00 UTC 2023

On 2023-02-20 08:23:36 +0100 (+0100), Matthias Runge wrote:
[...]
> thank you for the heads-up. I wonder how this could slip through
> the gate though.
[...]

We don't perform test uploads to PyPI in the gate, and it's hitting
a PyPI policy violation. It's possible `twine check` could catch
things like this, though an explicit test would probably need to be
added to it. Alternatively, we could start doing dev version uploads
to test.pypi.org, though someone will need to create that new job
(and the need to share an upload secret between projects would make
that especially complicated to do in the gate pipeline).

https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/6301

--
Jeremy Stanley