Issue on Volume Attach/Detach/Delete in openstack

sudeb ghosh sudeb_ece at yahoo.co.in
Sun Feb 19 07:25:19 UTC 2023

Hi Team,

we are using opensource Openstack (Openstack foundation) in our environment.

Facing following issues to fix.

Need some guidance or suggestion to resolve the same.

Problem Detail:

1. We are struggling to delete the volume which are in 'available' state. After deleting from Dashboard/CLI its showing 'deleting' only.

2. Can not detach the volume from any instance. Showing 'detaching' itself.

3. Once status of volume made available by updating table of Database, the volumes are showing 'available' but could not attach further with any existing instance.

4.  Once status of volume made deleted by updating table of Database or by deleting the entries of table the volumes are showing status as 'deleted' in CLI(mysql query) & disappeared from Dashboard but reclaiming of space is not happening in storage or quota point of view.

Request your guidance with steps to fix the issue pl.

BR//
Sudeb Ghosh
7044064878
9332034788