[manila] Feature freeze exceptions

Carlos Silva ces.eduardo98 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:30:51 UTC 2023

Hello, Zorillas and interested stackers!

As discussed in yesterday's Manila weekly meeting, some features we are
targeting for Antelope will need some extra time to be merged due to a
shortage of reviewers we had in the cycle. These changes have been under
review and we believe they are close to being merged.

The changes we will need more time to merge are:

*Metadata for share network subnets:*
Reviews ongoing [1]. Change was proposed in time during the cycle, has
received a couple of reviews and authors have been responsive. There is
also a small third party driver modification being proposed alongside [2].
Both seem close to being merged. Client change did not make it to the
release and will be merged earlier in the next cycle.

*NetApp ONTAP REST API transition:*
NetApp contributors are pursuing an implementation that will allow them to
transition from ZAPI to REST [3]. This is a huge change as they need to
rewrite things to be compatible with their ONTAP REST API. The changes have
been proposed in time, authors have been providing test results and
reviewers have been providing feedback. We had a collaborative review
earlier this week where they walked us through the changes [4].

We are extending the feature freeze deadline until next Thursday (Feb 23rd)
for these changes.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/869707/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/869708/
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/collab-review-manila-netapp-rest-api