[election][tc] Candidacy for the TC

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Wed Feb 15 09:14:57 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for the Technical Committee.

For those of you who do not know me, I've been involved with OpenStack from
the very early days of the project.  I've attended many OpenStack summits
and Project Teams Gatherings over the years and have been privileged to
help the project grow from its small beginnings to the established cloud
platform that it has now become.

I was the main driver behind migration of the OpenStack Charms to its
current home as an official OpenStack project which I then led for many
cycles as PTL and I remain an active core developer on this project.

I also work as part of the team responsible for the packaging and
distribution of OpenStack as part of Ubuntu.

I've spent time in the past contributing to oslo.messaging (ZeroMQ
prototyping) and contributing minor fixes across other OpenStack projects
through my work in Ubuntu.

More recently I’ve been involved in the design of enabling support for the
current and next generation of hardware offload enabled network cards in
OVN and OpenStack and I'm currently working on there-design of the
OpenStack Charms deployment approach.

I have not served on the TC before but I believe I can bring a valuable
technical voice from an OpenStack distribution and deployment tooling
perspective.  For the majority of operators this will be their primary
route for adoption of OpenStack as a cloud platform.

As a member of the TC I would look for opportunities to enable better
collaboration between deployment projects and core projects to ensure that
OpenStack becomes easier to consume.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my candidacy for this role.

Regards

James Page (irc:jamespage)
Principal Software Engineer
Canonical