Kubernetes Conformance 1.24 + 1.25

Dale Smith dale at catalystcloud.nz
Mon Feb 13 23:25:35 UTC 2023

On 14/02/23 08:53, Kendall Nelson wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> First of all, I want to say a huge thanks to Guilherme Steinmuller for
> all his help ensuring that OpenStack Magnum remains Kubernetes
> Certified [1]! We are certified for v1.24!
>
> However, in digging into the set of conformance tests this round, it
> appears that we will not be able to get 1.25 certified with the
> current Magnum. This means that in May when we have to re-cert (every
> 3 months they reach an EOL because that's k8s release cadence) we will
> not be able to maintain this which is the other part of why I wanted
> to write this email - to raise awareness and ask for help digging into
> what needs to happen to make sure we can retain this.
>
> Tangentially related, Guilherme has posted a patch with documentation
> for how to run the conformance tests for yourself and it could use
> some reviews [2].
> And one last thing, I have begun conversation with the opendev folks
> about what it might take to setup jobs to run the conformance tests
> periodically so that we don't have to manually run them when it's time
> to recert. I am planning on submitting a forum topic for this for
> those interested :)
>
> Long live LOKI!
> - Kendall Nelson
>
> [1] https://github.com/cncf/k8s-conformance/pull/2446
> [2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/magnum/+/849156

Hi Kendall,

I have submitted Kubernetes Conformance tests for 1.24[1] and 1.25[2]
for Catalyst Cloud, which is Openstack Magnum (Wallaby, with several
backports).

I've submitted the required changes upstream to Magnum for a few fixes,
including Calico, containerd and Fedora CoreOS 37 support.

Do you know which tests are currently failing for 1.25? Perhaps there
are some changes we've not submitted yet, or a differing Magnum template.

cheers,

Dale

[1] https://github.com/cncf/k8s-conformance/pull/2388

[2] https://github.com/cncf/k8s-conformance/pull/2414