[TripleO] Last maintained release of TripleO is Wallaby

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:26:20 UTC 2023

On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 6:36 PM Jay Faulkner <jay at gr-oss.io> wrote:

> Is there an IRC meeting log, or mailing list thread where this was
> discussed? It's important that we document how the consensus was gained for
> this decision.

This is the mailing list thread for discussion. The team is sharing how
we'll be contributing to OpenStack moving forward as it relates to TripleO.
For single vendor projects made up of community members who are employees
of that vendor, as opposed to volunteers, then community consensus is not
entirely the contributing factor to the decision. That's not to say that
the TripleO community is not in consensus with the decision one way or
another. It just means that out of the community members I'm aware of,
there are not enough volunteers (or any) to continue maintaining TripleO
after Wallaby.

For documentation purposes, I'd say that it's a single vendor project where
the vendor is no longer resourcing individuals to continue maintenance of
TripleO after Wallaby, and there are as of now, no volunteers to do so. As
I said, if some volunteers do come forward, then the plan could change
according to how those volunteers are willing to contribute.

--
-- James Slagle