Openstack TripleO Intergration with External Prometheus

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Feb 9 06:50:17 UTC 2023

On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 05:57:33PM +0530, Lokendra Rathour wrote:
> Hi team,
>

> TripleO Release: Wallaby
>
>  Prometheus server version: 2.37.5
>
> Node exporter version: 1.5.0
>
> Grafana version: 8.5.20-1
>

> *Query:*
>
> we need to integrate Prometheus with OpenStack TripleO, please help share
> any documents/links to validate this test case.

Hi,

I'd recommend to take a look at STF[1], which enables you to collect
metrics from baremetal nodes and also data from OpenStack (the project
data part). By using STF, you can install/host prometheus and Grafana
on an (OpenShift) cluster. If you do not want to adapt your own setup,
you will have to care about installing/managing the smart-gateways on
your own.

Matthias

[1] https://infrawatch.github.io/documentation/
--