[openstack-ansible] Recommended branch for a production environment?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 8 14:32:44 UTC 2023

On 2023-02-08 07:12:39 +0100 (+0100), Dmitriy Rabotyagov wrote:
[...]
> Why Yoga has came to the picture - as it's first SLURP release, so
> you are able to upgrade between SLURP releases, which is N+2 (so
> from Yoga to Antelope), while Zed is non-SLURP, so supported
> upgrade path will be only N+1, but that is also to Antelope.
[...]

Slight correction: Yoga is only a "dress rehearsal" for SLURP. The
first official SLURP release will be 2023.1 (Antelope). We're
enforcing SLURP testing for upgrades from Yoga to 2023.1 (Antelope)
so that we can make sure the model is working in time for 2024.1
upgrades, but we haven't officially declared Yoga as SLURP. That
said, it's probably okay to pretend it is as long as you keep in
mind that the community isn't promising users it's going to work.
--
Jeremy Stanley