[openstack-ansible] Recommended branch for a production environment?

Roger Rivera roger.riverac at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:14:06 UTC 2023

Hello,

We have deployed Openstack-Ansible in a test environment and we were
wondering what the recommended repository branch is to deploy in a
production environment that will be integrated with a separate Ceph cluster.

1. We are thinking about pinning to the stable/zed. Is that recommended
over the master branch?
2. Are bugs ironed out on both master and stable/zed with the same cadence?
3. Additionally, is Debian 11 a better alternative than Ubuntu 22 for
target hosts?

We noticed Ubuntu 22.04 support was added recently, whereas Debian 11 has
been supported for quite some time now which leads us to believe
its stability/integration could be more mature at this point?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,

--
*Roger *