[neutron] Bumping of requirements on RDO before bumping them on Neutron

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Feb 2 05:19:19 UTC 2023

On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 at 04:06, Elvira Garcia Ruiz <egarciar at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Neutrinos!
>
> RDO folks proposed that, in order to be able to correctly build CI
> gates for testing, it would be nice if we tried to update the
> neutron-distgit requirement file when we want to update the minimal
> version of a dependency before merging it on our repository.
> This would allow them to realize whether they need or not to update
> any Fedora package. In order to do that, we just need to send a small
> commit to their repository [0]. You can use your GitHub account for
> the login.

Hello,
    Actually I think this falls on RDO's shoulders to handle.  There
are, or at least were,  jobs in RDO that watch the requirements repo
for constraint updates and ensure that they're reflected in RDO
packaging.  It shouldn't be too hard to trigger a similar change to
the specfile when requirements.txt is updated.

Said job could even vote -1 if it encountered a situation where the
minimum specified in requirements.txt is newer than the current
version available in RDO. As a bonus it wouldn't even be Neutron
specific!

It'd be kinda cool to see other distros do similar.

Yours Tony.