[cinder] cinder-backup volume stuck in creating

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 12:02:37 UTC 2023

On 27/01, Satish Patel wrote:
> Thank you Jon/Sofia,
>
> Biggest issue is even if I turn on debugging, it's not producing enough
> logs to see what is going on. See following output.
>
> https://paste.opendev.org/show/bh9OF9l2OrozrNMglv2Y/

Hi,

I don't see the cinder-volume logs, which are necessary to debug this
issue, because we can see in the backup logs that it is doing an RPC
call to the cinder-volume service "Call Volume Manager to
get_backup_device".

What is the value of the "host" field of the source volume?

Because if it's anything other than "kolla-infra-1.example.com at rbd-1",
then the problem is that the cinder-volume service for that backend is
currently down.

Cheers,
Gorka.