[all] osprofiler requirements on opentelemetry: is this reasonable?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Aug 30 09:11:45 UTC 2023

Hi,

I just saw that the last version of osprofiler requires
opentelemetry-exporter-otlp and opentelemetry-sdk. Since osprofiler is
used in almost all projects, and that opentelemetry is really HUGE, I
wonder if this is all reasonable. This forces downstream distros to do a
lot of packaging only for that. Is this avoidable?

I started doing the packaging, and then stopped to write this message,
seeing how much work that would represent.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)