Query on Enabling Horizon Support for Creating SR-IOV VMs

Aditya Sathish saditya at vt.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:23:26 UTC 2023

Hello,

We have enabled SR-IOV external interfaces on our server cluster running
OpenStack Yoga. Unfortunately, there is a known limitation on the Horizon
dashboard where we cannot create virtual machines through the dashboard -
forcing us to rely on the OpenStack CLI to create the VMs.

I wanted to understand what precisely the limitation was to support this
from Horizon and if there were any cherry-picks I could pull from the later
releases that would allow me to provide this support through the dashboard
(or upgrade my release to 2023.1).

I did see that we can now select the VNIC_Type from the dashboard, but that
doesn't resolve the issue of VM creation with SR-IOV ports.

Any points would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Aditya