[nova][election] Self-nomination for 2024.1 Nova PTL

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 15:20:55 UTC 2023

Hey Nova and Placement folks,

Yet again, I'm asking you to put myself on the Nova and Placement PTL seat.
For the exact same reasons than last time (see my previous nomination
e-mail),
I was convinced to run again for this position, which hopefully will be the
last
one (despite having already said it once).

Challenges are still upfront. Our gate is still coughing every single day
and
despite the excellent work that a very few awesome people did on stabilizing
and which helped improving the situation (kudos to those who will recognize
themselves), we are still urging to fix the most common patterns. As a PTL,
I'll ensure to keep the energy to chase those issues and identify them so
as a
team we can fight them.

Another concern to me is the reviewing pace. While we're continuing to
deliver
solid reviews on feature proposals and patches, our team isn't much evolving
and we need fresh blood. In order to be able to deliver things, we need to
ensure that we properly recognize those who dedicate a portion of their
daytime
to help others by providing valuable feedback (and I stress on the fact that
this feedback *has to* be valuable in order to by worthy). As a PTL, I'll
continue to encourage people to express their thoughts and concerns into
Gerrit
comments so that we are able to count on.

The last challenge I have to mention here is the release cadence. Now that
more
people are getting noticed of the SLURP cadence, we'll be awaited on
delivering
our next SLURP release, which will be 2024.1 (Caracal). I'll take special
attention to that, ensuring that our skip-level-upgrade process we have in
Nova
will conveniently work with Caracal and that our release notes correctly
include
the upgrade steps for those who skip 2023.2 (Bobcat).

I'll just finish on a last word. While I really appreciated acting as a PTL
for
the last 4 cycles, I'd be more than happy if someone would like to step up
and
compete for the seat. I personnally prefer expansion over attrition and one
of
my favourite tasks is mentoring.

Thanks,
-Sylvain