[all][tc] python 3.11 testing plan

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Aug 23 17:33:01 UTC 2023

 ---- On Wed, 23 Aug 2023 04:07:36 -0700    wrote ---
 > On Wed, 2023-08-23 at 09:10 +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:

 > having said that we did just recently merge the devstack venv support
 >
 > and tools like https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv exist.
 >
 > so if adding debian unstable or testing is not an option and peopel were willing to develop a job
 >
 > (devstack or tox) that worked with pyenv on say ubuntu 22.04 we could in theory test any python version
 >
 > we wanted without the need to mirror fast moving repo to afs.

I think zigo asking is valid ask here to upstream and honestly saying I am not seeing
much challenges to do that. If we have image/nodepool in infra (even with unstable image
like we do for CentOS stream) then running next python version job as non voting or
periodic should be ok and should not cost us much. Even it give win-win situation to upstream
as well as distro/packages maintainers.

-gmann