[openstack][kolla-ansible]about group node config overwrite

Danny Webb Danny.Webb at thehutgroup.com
Mon Aug 21 22:23:44 UTC 2023

one of the other things you can do is use the groups key in the jinja template to add in config for specific host groups:

eg:

{% if ansible_fqdn in groups['compute_group_a'] %}
some_var  = "foo"
{% elif ansible_fqdn in groups['compute_group_b'] %}
other_var = "boo"
{% endif %}

not quite as clean as having a merge_configs keyed to the group but in my experience you aren't normally changing a tonne of values for a service anyways so it's pretty manageable.