[cinder][kolla-ansible] cinder-volume active/active usage

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 09:38:36 UTC 2023

Hello,

I saw that kolla-ansible had allow cinder coordination backend to be
configured. And it can be set to "redis" or "etcd" in
/etc/kolla/gloabls.yml [1]. Based on my current understanding, this
option enables cinder-volume active/active.

1. I would like to ask, between Redis and Etcd, which one is more
recommended or what are their pros and cons?
2. And I have saw the spec of cinder-volume a/a[2]. Is it sufficient
to configure [coordination]backend_url and [DEFAULT]cluster to use
Cinder volume active/active, or are there any other considerations?
Could any reference for Cinder volume active/active configuration and
usage documentation be recommended ?

I would appreciate for any help.
Best wishes.

Han Guangyu