[openstack][nova] how check if exist instances were create with AZ or without AZ

Nguyễn Hữu Khôi nguyenhuukhoinw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:43:21 UTC 2023

Hello guys.

I need to verify whether an existing instance was created with AZ or
without AZ. How can we check on an existing instance?

I did not setup default AZ scheduler before. At this time I plan to expand
the system by a new AZ.

as document

If the server was not created in a specific zone then it is free to be
moved to other zones, i.e. the AvailabilityZoneFilter
<https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/scheduling.html#availabilityzonefilter>
is
a no-op.

I am worried about when I migrate instances and they will be free to be
moved to other zones.

Nguyen Huu Khoi