[magnum] Correct labels / versions to use Kubernetes v1.24 or later versions of v1.23 with Magnum

Jay Rhine jay.rhine at rumble.com
Mon Aug 14 04:36:10 UTC 2023

Hello!

With the latest Antelope release of OpenStack, the release states that it
is now compatible with v1.24.  I do see there are changes in the underlying
templates, etc. that now allow a later v1.24 tag to successfully install.
However, just changing the “kube_tag” label is not really enough to fully
run a good v1.24.  The the tags for the other images (etcd, cinder csi
related, etc.) are still at the same versions of the v1.23.3 release that
has been around for a while.  I see discussions in the comments on
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2010028 about various labels that
were used to get v1.24 to work well in one case.  Is there a document
anywhere or table, etc. that would have a documented set of labels that
would be recommended?  Or any other information on running different
Kubernetes releases via label updates with Magnum?

Thanks for any advice,

Jay

--
Jay Rhine