[operators][swift][s3][ceph] interoperability s3/swift protocol using radosgw

Benedikt Trefzer benedikt.trefzer at cirrax.com
Wed Aug 9 14:29:46 UTC 2023

Hi Openstack list

I'm stuck with a problem:

We implemented object storage using ceph radosgw, using keystone
authentication and rgw multi-tenancy. So far so good.

If I create a container named 'test-swift' using swift protocol,
radosgw-admin shows me a bucket created as:

"*\/test-swift"

(* is the uuid of the opensstack project)
which seems to be the correct behaviour.

If I create a bucket with s3cmd named 'test-s3', radosgw-admin shows the
bucket as:

"test-s3"

which is not the expected behaviour since this is not multi tenancy !

Can anyone point me to the right direction to solve this ?

Could the use of v2 signatures for S3 be a problem ?

Further information:
Ceph version: Jewel
Openstack keystone: train
Access to rgw through Apache fcgi (sitting behind haproxy nodes)

Thanks for all the hints

Benedikt

PS:
- I know that Jewel and train are old versions, but ...
- I know that S3/Swift protocols are not fully supported using rgw