[ceph][OpenStackSDK][keystone] Warnings about (my) swift endpoint URL by keystoneauth1 discovery

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 3 15:32:38 UTC 2023

On 2023-08-03 17:09:29 +0200 (+0200), Christian Rohmann wrote:
> we use Ceph RadosGW (Quincy release) to provide Swift as part of
> an OpenStack cloud.
[...]

While I don't have an answer for your question, I did want to clear
up any potential misunderstanding. Please be aware that Ceph RadosGW
is not Swift, it is a popular non-OpenStack alternative to using
actual Swift, and supplies a partial replica of Swift's user-facing
API (but with a substantially different backend implementation).
Ceph RadosGW does not have feature-parity with Swift, lacking a
number of Swift's features and sometimes having much different
behaviors or performance even for the features it attempts to
replicate.

So just to reiterate, Ceph RadosGW isn't Swift any more than Swift's
S3-API is S3. It's merely a compatibility shim, and you shouldn't
expect it to work the same way Swift does.
--
Jeremy Stanley