[neutron] [kolla-ansible] alembic mismatch, schema differences

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Thu Apr 27 07:35:18 UTC 2023

On 18/4/23 20:56, Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 18 kwietnia 2023 13:37:12 CEST Eugen Block pisze:
>> Hi, I'm glad you worked that out. But one thing I'm wondering since
>> I'm not familiar with kolla (as I'm stating repeatedly), why does the
>> compute node have the capabilities to manipulate the neutron database?
>> Is that by design?
> It shouldn't. Only neutron-server should have access to the DB.

A question for kolla devs then I guess. Thank you for identifying this
concern.

>> We have our own deployment mechanism on baremetal
>> and there's no "connection =..." string available on compute nodes.
>> Maybe I misunderstood something, but I find it strange that such a
>> thing could happen that easily.

The following files have the setting on our compute nodes. We haven't
customised this setting, so its presence wasn't caused by us per se.

# ack -l "^connection =" /etc/kolla
/etc/kolla/neutron-openvswitch-agent/neutron.conf
/etc/kolla/neutron-metadata-agent/neutron.conf
/etc/kolla/neutron-l3-agent/neutron.conf