[neutron] Broken CI "neutron-tempest-plugin-*" jobs

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 08:00:57 UTC 2023

Hello all:

After capping the tooz version to 3.2.0 [1], we have reverted the patch
that set the Neutron minimum version to 3.9 [2]. But we are committed,
during this release, to move to Ubuntu Jammy and push again the minimum
version of python to 3.9. Once we solve the problems we have with nested
virt nodes in this Ubuntu version [3], we'll be able to move forward.

Last but not least, the Neutron CI is working again.

Regards.

[1]
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/881329/1/upper-constraints.txt
[2]https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/881430
[3]https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1999249

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 7:04 PM Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez <
ralonsoh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Although this is a temporary fix, as you may have read in the Nova thread,
> a patch that will limit tooz to 3.2.0 [1] has been proposed. In any case,
> we should continue working to support neutron-tempest-plugin in Ubuntu
> Jammy nodes.
>
> [1]https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/881329
>
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 4:16 PM Gregory Thiemonge <gthiemonge at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> FYI We are facing the same issue in Octavia, our octavia-tempest-plugin
>> jobs are still running on focal and they are now failing because of python
>> 3.8.
>> We cannot update the job to use Jammy because nested virt support is not
>> really reliable (many crashes on the vexxhost nodes [0] it is the same
>> issue as the neutron bug [1]), and nested virt is required by Octavia (our
>> LB is based on a VM). I'm trying to identify the "broken" nodes so we
>> could report them.
>>
>> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/octavia/+bug/2015244
>> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1999249
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 3:01 PM Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez <
>> ralonsoh at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all:
>>>
>>> Please hold your rechecks for the "neutron-tempest-plugin-*" jobs. We
>>> need to bump the python version from 3.8 to 3.9. However, due to an issue
>>> in Ubuntu Jammy [1], we are still working with Ubuntu Focal nodes. The
>>> problem in Focal is that uWSGI provided in this version doesn't support
>>> python3.9.
>>>
>>> We are pushing new patches for Nova and neutron-tempest-plugin to test
>>> possible solutions. If we can't solve this issue, we'll skip these jobs
>>> temporarily.
>>>
>>> I'll send an update as soon as possible.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> [1]https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1999249
>>> [2]https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/868419
>>> [3]