[tc][all] Technical Committee Weekly Summary - April 22, 2023

Nikolla, Kristi knikolla at bu.edu
Sat Apr 22 13:37:25 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Here’s another edition of “What’s happening on the Technical Committee.”

Meeting
=======
The Technical Committee met on April 18, 2023 on the #openstack-tc channel on OFTC IRC. The meeting was chaired by Jay Faulkner. Thanks Jay!

The next meeting will be held on April 25, 2023 at 18:00UTC. For more information visit https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting

Happenings
==========

Leaderless projects
-------------------
There's only 3 projects now remaining without a leader[0]. Monasca[1], Vitrage[2] and Winstackers[3]. We're actively looking for people with the time and desire to maintain these projects. A retirement of Winstackers would cause Windows (and Hyper-V) host support to be removed.

Meanwhile, TripleO has switched to a distributed project leadership model, and is initiating the process of deprecation.[4]

[0]. https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2023.2-leaderless
[1]. https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-April/033112.html
[2]. https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-April/033348.html
[3]. https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-April/033342.html
[4]. https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/877132

Issues with docs since 2023.1 release
-------------------------------------
2023.1 is the first release that uses numeric versioning, rather than the old naming scheme. This confuses our docs build process, which produces incorrect results.

For one example the Administrator Guides list for Zed lists all the projects correctly[0], but the one for 2023.1 is empty[1].

Please use the Etherpad [2] to report issues, and the same Etherpad for tracking work. We're looking for help in getting this resolved quickly.

[0]. https://docs.openstack.org/zed/admin/index.html
[1]. https://docs.openstack.org/2023.1.antelope/admin/index.html
[2]. https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/docs-issues-2023

Weekly Gate Health Report
-------------------------
The gate continues to experience failures regarding volume detach tests[0]. There's also some issues with Ironic grenade jobs. Helping out with CI is an amazing way to get involved in the community, reach out to the TC (see below how) to know more!

[0]. https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2023/tc.2023-04-18-18.00.log.html#l-50

Changes
=======
Merged