[nova]qemu-guest-agent Used in openstack

啧啧啧 1148203170 at qq.com
Thu Apr 20 10:13:02 UTC 2023

Hi,

We discovered the use of qemu-guest-agent in openstack,Set hw_qemu_guest_agent=yes to the metadata parameter on the image.
https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/config-reference/compute/hypervisor-kvm.html

Meanwhile, the application of qemu-guest-agent in cloud scenarios is investigated. It is found that Qemu-guest-Agent can be used for guest os performance monitoring, snapshot backup, and guest OS-level failover.
But these things can be done in openstack with prometheus and  instance backup,There may be some differences between them.

Sorry, I am not familiar with how hw_qemu_guest_agent is used in openstack, and I do not know the operations that can be performed on guest os in openstack by configuring hw_qemu_guest_agent.
Only through qemu official know some of the effects.I want to clarify the use of hw_qemu_guest_agent. Other components of openstack, such as the prometheus service, can be used instead.