[neutron] questions about bond and port ip

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 14:26:06 UTC 2023

Hello,

I have a victoria cluster. I am a bit perplexed about OpenStack
networking and was wondering if you could enlighten me on the topic.

1. bond
When configuring bond interfaces (bond0/1/2/3) in an OpenStack
instance, can I follow the same steps as I would on a physical
machine? Are there any particular considerations to keep in mind?
Also, when it comes to switch configuration, do I configure virtual
machine switches directly or are there specific OpenStack interfaces
to use?

2.
`openstack port create --network net1 --no-fixed-ip port_net1`
I was able to obtain a port with an ip_allocation value of "none"
using the above command. I noticed that the ip_allocation value can be
set to "none", "deferred", or "immediate". Is there a CLI interface to
modify the ip_allocation value of a port, for example, changing "none"
to "deferred"? Alternatively, what is the recommended method to make
this change?

3.
Is it possible for users to set IP addresses within an instance
system? For example, if I create an instance without an IP address, is
there a mechanism that allows me to set an IP address within the
instance system, or can I only modify the port bindings or switch
ports externally to change the IP address of an instance?

Best regards,
Han Guangyu