[neutron] [kolla-ansible] alembic mismatch, schema differences

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Mon Apr 17 05:56:28 UTC 2023

On 11/4/23 17:16, Eugen Block wrote:
> I don't really have more input than what I reported in the mentioned
> thread. I'm also not familiar with kolla-ansible, unfortunately. But I
> would check for files with the non-existing revision number on the
> control node(s)? Something like this depending on your distro could
> reveal something:
>
> # find
> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/ -name *6135a7bd4425*

Two matches in the same layer of the same Docker volume:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/wallaby/expand/__pycache__/6135a7bd4425_add_rbac_support_for_address_group.cpython-38.pyc
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/wallaby/expand/6135a7bd4425_add_rbac_support_for_address_group.py

I have no time to look further right now though.

> If there are files that don't belong there remove them and retry the
> neutron-db-manage commands with the correct revisions in the table. But
> if you're using containers I'd be curious how those files would get
> there... Does a release change in the globals.yaml also redeploy control
> containers? But on the other hand, you seem to have deployed only a
> compute node with wallaby? I hope someone with kolla-ansible experience
> can chime in here.

It only deployed wallaby containers to the compute node, but a neutron
container on that node then appears to have run `neutron-db-manage
upgrade` and changed the database schema.

> Sorry if I can't be more helpful...

No problem, thank you for the attempt. We managed to revert the changes
- I'll post separately.