[openstack][sharing][kolla ansible]Problems when 1 of 3 controller was be down

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 11:50:20 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-04-13 at 09:07 +0100, Matt Crees wrote:
> Hi all, I'll reply in turn here:
>
> Radek, I agree it definitely will be a good addition to the KA docs.
> I've got it on my radar, will aim to get a patch proposed this week.
>
> Satish, I haven't personally been able to test durable queues on a
> system that large. According to the RabbitMQ docs
> (https://www.rabbitmq.com/queues.html#durability), "Throughput and
> latency of a queue is not affected by whether a queue is durable or
> not in most cases." However, I have anecdotally heard that it can
> affect some performance in particularly large systems.

the perfomacne of durable queue is dominated by the disk io
put rabbit on a pcie nvme ssd and it will have littel effect
use spinnign rust (a HDD even in raid 10) and the iops/throput of the
storage sued to make the qure durible (that just mean write all messages to disk)
will be the bottlenck for scaleablity
combine that with HA and that is worse as it has to be writen to multipel servers.
i belive that teh mirror implemantion will wait for all copies to be persisted
but i have not really looked into it. it was raised as a pain point with rabbit by
operator in the past in terms fo scaling.