[kolla-ansible][yoga] Glance backend cinder Privsep daemon failed to start operation not permitted

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:41:41 UTC 2023

Thanks for the help,

I modified my glance-api.conf like this but no luck, I got the same problem
: Privsep daemon failed to start

> [cinder]
> cinder_store_auth_address = https://dashint.example.com:5000/v3
> cinder_store_project_name = service
> cinder_volume_type = nfstype
> rootwrap_config = /etc/glance/rootwrap.conf
>
> *cinder_store_user_name = glancecinder_store_password = glance-password*
> cinder_catalog_info = volumev3:cinderv3:internalURL
>

> *###cinder_store_user_name = cinder###cinder_store_password =
> cinder-password  *

I thought once cinder has the capability to read & write into the backend,
glance will just use it to upload the images!!

Another thing, about the credentials, which ones should I use? Glance's or
cinder's I thought it should be cinder's !! but in your example @Sean you
used {{ glance_keystone_user }} and  {{ glance_keystone_password }}

Lastly I searched how to launch a privileged container in kolla but I
didn't find anything.

Regards.