[neutron] Deprecation of the neutronclient CLI code

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 07:24:51 UTC 2023

Hello all:

Since this release [1], the python-neutronclient project will no longer
provide CLI support. Any Neutron related CLI command should be executed
using python-openstackclient (OSC). This deprecation and removal was
announced in [2] and was initially planned for Zed release. We have been
working during the last releases to finish the migration and provide all
the commands in OSC.

In case you find any missing command, argument or output, please open a bug
in the Neutron site of launchpad and we'll address it. You can also install
a previous (Antelope) version of neutronclient if you missed the migration
window.

The python-neutronclient will still be available to provide the Networking
API python bindings [3].

Regards.

[1]https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-neutronclient/+/871711
[2]