StackOver Flow Error: 2103 ERROR oslo.messaging._drivers.impl_rabbit Connection failed: failed to resolve broker hostname

Trey Fleishman nfleishman at student.ccaeagles.org
Mon Apr 10 22:17:03 UTC 2023

Hello all,
Recently I tried installing Openstack via this
<https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/openstack-services.html> guide.
Upon completion of all the steps including the dashboard step, I was
greeted with this error inside the nova_schedular.log file, after I tried
creating an instance.

2103 ERROR oslo.messaging._drivers.impl_rabbit Connection failed: failed to
resolve broker hostname: OSError: failed to resolve broker hostname

When I try to create an instance it hangs in the "scheduling" state and
throws this error. I have not configured anything in the "oslo.messaging"
section of the Nova config file. I believe that under the [default] section
this is what's causing the issue, but the password and hostname are fine.

transport_url =
rabbit://openstack:BnE9LLfCtjdPvpEnZUnPytSyrfUxE8th@controller

Thanks!