[openstackclient][ubuntu] openstack cli broken after update to Wallaby

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 6 11:46:28 UTC 2023

On 2023-04-06 07:31:53 +0000 (+0000), Eugen Block wrote:
[...]
> The package would be installed from the main repo
> (ubuntu-2004-amd64-main-amd64). This is the state before I install
> any openstack related packages.
[...]
> I understand, but how does PyPI get into this environment? How
> could I find out?
[...]

Oh, sorry, this is probably an incorrect assumption on my part.

If the bug you're experiencing is with the OpenStack client
installed from Ubuntu's packages, then you need to report that
traceback to Canonical/Ubuntu. It mentions code paths which aren't
present in the pyperclip we test with upstream, because we don't
test with Ubuntu's packages of Python libraries, so may be a problem
specific to Ubuntu's own packages.

The general rule is that when encountering a bug while using a
downstream distribution of any application, you should report the
bug to the distribution you're using rather than to the upstream
development community, because distributions often patch things in
order to make their collection of software more consistent and
coinstallable, and therefore have a better idea of whether a problem
you're encountering is one of their own making or something they
should pass upstream to be investigated in the software itself.
--
Jeremy Stanley