[kolla-ansible]Reset Configuration

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Fri Nov 11 15:59:09 UTC 2022

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 3:05 AM Franck VEDEL <
franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> wrote:

> Thanks for your help, really.
> My cluster: 2 controllers nodes, OVS, L3-HA.
> All nodes had to be rebooted
> All is working for example with external networks (so dhcp on external
> networks).
> There are no dead containers, all seems ok.
>
> I try to create a new instance on a L3 network. No ERROR in neutron*.log.
> The only error is nova-api.log:
>
> Example:
> 2022-11-11 08:45:54.452 42 ERROR oslo.messaging._drivers.impl_rabbit [-]
> [8b6fd776-f096-4c8a-927e-88225a3adb43] AMQP server on 10.0.5.109:5672 is
> unreachable: <RecoverableConnectionError: unknown error>. Trying again in 1
> seconds.: amqp.exceptions.RecoverableConnectionError:
> <RecoverableConnectionError: unknown error>
>
> But on the first node (10.0.5.109 on the internal network) « netstat -atnp
> |wc-l »  ———>>> 505 connections
>
> Sounds to me like Rabbit is broken. This could also be an issue with NTP
which I asked about earlier. Did you confirm your systems are all correctly
synced to the same time source?

You can check the status of rabbit on each control node with:

 docker exec -it rabbitmq rabbitmqctl cluster_status

 Output should show the same on both of your controllers. If not, restart
your rabbit containers. If they won't come back properly, you could destroy
and redeploy just those two containers l

On both controllers do:
docker rm rabbitmq
docker volume rm rabbitmq

Then kolla-ansible --tags rabbitmq deploy

So…. if I backup /etc/kolla, my glance images, my configuration files…
> if a do « koll-ansible destroy », is next step « kolla-ansible
> bootstraps…. » and preaches, and deploy,
> or directly deploy ?
>
> What’s the difference with cleanup-containers ?
>
> You don't need to bootstrap again. That just installs prerequisites which
won't get removed from the destroy. Just go right to doing kolla-ansible
deploy again. Do remember this will give you a brand new Openstack with
nothing preserved from before.

cleanup-containers alone may leave behind some docker tweaks that Neutron
needs. It probably doesn't matter if you're going to just redeploy the same
configuration though so go ahead and use that instead.

-Erik