[Kolla-ansible][Yoga] How to update an Openstack deployment with new containers?

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 21:34:22 UTC 2022

Hi,
I followed this link :
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/yoga/user/operating-kolla.html

It says that : This procedure is for upgrading from series to series, not
for doing updates within a series. Inside a series, *it is usually
sufficient to just update the kolla-ansible package, rebuild (if needed)
and pull the images, and run kolla-ansible deploy again. Please follow
release notes to check if there are any issues to be aware of.*

In my deployment I am using a local registry, so I pulled the new images,
tagged them then pushed them into my registry.
I can see that the container's images are newer than the ones I had.

I then updated my kolla-ansible package using :
$ source yogavenv
(yogavenv) $ pip install --upgrade git+
https://opendev.org/openstack/kolla-ansible@stable/yoga

Finally I launched the deploy, but it seems that nothing has changed.

The containers have not been restarted. Any ideas?

Is there a way to verify that a container belongs to a particular image
build?
How can I be sure that my deployment has been updated with new containers?

Regards.