Ansible OpenStack Collection 2.0.0 and OpenStack SDK 1.0.0/0.99.0

Jakob Meng jmeng at redhat.com
Tue May 31 06:39:29 UTC 2022

1.x.x releases of Ansible OpenStack collection are compatible to
openstacksdk<0.99.0 only. The upcoming 1.9.0 release will declare its
incompatibility and raise an error with SDK >=0.99.0 [1].

Our current 1.8.0 release on Ansible Galaxy is partially broken with the
new SDK but some parts still work (without any warranty). Once we
release 1.9.0 it will refuse to work with latest SDK and we might
immediately break use cases which kinda-work-with-new-sdk. We had this
situation with our master branch where this safety check broke TripleO
[2] which is why we shy away from releasing 1.9.0 for now. This is open
for discussion, feedback is appreciated!

[1]
https://opendev.org/openstack/ansible-collections-openstack/commit/75558c5c2e970d40133273432ac77bbb161ff4ed
[2]
https://opendev.org/openstack/ansible-collections-openstack/commit/1b59c19a24c55aa236d80552dcbf70c9c7b5088e