Novice question

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:11:46 UTC 2022

Hi Tim,

This should work fine. You will want a localrc/local.conf file to
configure devstack. I didn't see that mentioned in your steps.
See this section in the docs:
https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/#create-a-local-conf

The only caveat I would mention is the VM instances in Nova will run
super slow on virtualbox as it lacks the required "nested
virtualization" support and will run them all in software emulation.

To find the root cause of the issue in nova, I would look through the
devstack at n-cpu log file (journal -u devstack at n-cpui) and the
devstack at n-sch logs.

Also, you might have a look at one of the nova test localrc file as an example:
https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_dcaab5e32b234d56b626f72581e3644c/zuul_opendev_logs_da7/843127/6/check/tempest-integrated-compute-centos-9-stream/da7bebc/controller/logs/local_conf.txt

Michael