[nova] Snapshot Image Format

Ammad Syed syedammad83 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:45:38 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am using nova 24.0. I have an image in raw format in glance store. I have
created a volume backed instance from raw image.

Then I have created the server image using nova api below with *createImage*
.

https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/?expanded=create-image-createimage-action-detail#:~:text=server_id%7D/action-,Create%20Image,-(createImage%20Action)

OR via

openstack server image create --name <name> <server uuid>

 The created image I see in glance store is in qcow2 format.

I have set this option snapshot_image_format in nova.conf but still it
creates the images in qcow2 format.

How config need to be done if i need to save server image in raw format ?

Ammad