[ironic] [requirements] broken libvirt-python on yoga on stream 9

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Tue May 17 17:56:03 UTC 2022

Hi all,

It is happening again, the Bifrost CI is broken because libvirt-python
cannot be built from source, this time on Stream 9.

   Missing type converters:
    int *:1
    ERROR: failed virDomainQemuMonitorCommandWithFiles

I created a gist with a reproducer:
https://gist.github.com/dtantsur/835303c6a68ed77157016f5955183115.

I cannot count how many times we had to deal with similar errors. I assume,
libvirt-python has to be newer than the installed Python (8.2.0 in CS9,
8.0.0 in constraints). Should we stop constraining libvirt-python? Any
other ideas?

Dmitry

--

Red Hat GmbH <https://www.redhat.com/de/global/dach>, Registered seat:
Werner von Siemens Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn, Germany