[kolla] octavia_rsyslog service fails/keeps restarting | Openstack Wallaby | Tripleo

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:52:12 UTC 2022

The key line seems to say it all:
2022-05-15T16:20:55.599266842+00:00 stderr F
/usr/local/bin/kolla_start: line 18: /usr/sbin/rsyslogd: No such file
or directory

It looks like you need to install rsyslog there.
dnf install rsyslog or apt-get install rsyslog

I would have thought kolla/tripleo would have installed that package.

Michael