[manila] Manila Zed hack-a-thon

Carlos Silva ces.eduardo98 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:57:20 UTC 2022

Hi Zorillas and fellow stackers,

Over the past cycles we had a good effort to add OSC support to Manila. We
are quite close to parity now (thanks to all the Zorillas involved).
In those changes, we didn't focus on automated functional testing. Over PTG
we came up with the idea to host a hack-a-thon, so we could enhance our
functional test coverage, helping to ensure the quality of our OSC.
We will be doing that from *May 16th to May 23rd.*

The work on OSC is currently being tracked here:
https://tree.taiga.io/project/gouthampacha-openstack-manila-osc-integration-with-python-manilaclient/kanban

What are the plans for the hack-a-thon:

- There are few examples of recent additions [1][2] that could serve as
inspiration. You're free to create, claim and edit Taiga cards for the
implementation you're chasing. Please reach out to me (carloss) or Goutham
(gouthamr) if you have to be added to the taiga board. Also, Add yourself
as a "watcher" to two other Taiga cards that someone else is implementing,
this will mean that you will be a code reviewer on these implementations!
- You can work in teams - min size: 1, max size: 2
- You can submit code between May 16th 1500 UTC and May 23rd 1500 UTC to
count towards this hack-a-thon
- During the hack-a-thon, we'll use #openstack-manila on OFTC to chat, and
hop onto a meeting room [3]
- We'll have a one hour kick-off session on May 16th at 1500 UTC - On this
session we will also cover the environment setup
- We'll use the manila community meeting hour as a mid-point status check
(May 19th, 1500 UTC)
- We'll have a half-hour close out meeting to discuss reviews, AIs and
futures (May 23rd, 1500 UTC)

All sessions will take place on the [3] bridge.
Please feel free to reach out here or on OFTC's #openstack-manila if you
have any questions!

Huge thank you to Maari for helping us out with the backlog.

I hope to see you there and that we accomplish good things with this
Hackathon!

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-manilaclient/+/707577
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-manilaclient/+/836834
[3] https://bluejeans.com/371190441