[release] Release countdown for week R-20, May 16 - 20

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Fri May 13 17:11:50 UTC 2022

Development Focus
-----------------

The Zed-1 milestone is next week, on May 19th, 2022! Project team plans
for the Zed cycle should now be solidified.

General Information
-------------------

Libraries need to be released at least once per milestone period. Next
week, the release team will propose releases for any library which had
changes but has not been otherwise released since the Yoga release.
PTL's or release liaisons, please watch for these and give a +1 to
acknowledge them. If there is some reason to hold off on a release, let
us know that as well, by posting a -1. If we do not hear anything at all
by the end of the week, we will assume things are OK to proceed.

NB: If one of your libraries is still releasing 0.x versions, start
thinking about when it will be appropriate to do a 1.0 version. The
version number does signal the state, real or perceived, of the library,
so we strongly encourage going to a full major version once things are
in a good and usable state.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Zed-1 milestone: May 19th, 2022
OpenInfra Summit: June 7-9, 2022 (Berlin)

Előd Illés
irc: elodilles