[ops][octavia][neutron] Distributed Virtual Routing: Floating IPs attached to virtual IP addresses are assigned on network nodes

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:41:01 UTC 2022

Hi Jan,

If I understand correctly, the issue you are facing is with ovs-dvr,
the floating IPs are implemented in the SNAT namespace on the network
node, causing a congestion point for high traffic. You are looking for
a way to implement floating IPs that are distributed across your
deployment and not concentrated in the network nodes.

Is that correct?

If so, I think what you are looking for is distributed floating IPs
with OVN[1]. I will let the OVN experts confirm this.

Michael

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/networking-ovn/latest/admin/refarch/refarch.html#distributed-floating-ips-dvr