[neutron] Static route not added in namespace using DVR on Wallaby

J-P Methot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Fri May 6 18:14:47 UTC 2022

Hi,

We're in this situation where we are going to move some instances from
one openstack cluster to another. After this process, we want our
instances on the new openstack cluster to keep the same floating IPs but
also to be able to communicate with some instances that are in the same
public IP range on the first cluster.

To accomplish this, we want to add static routes like 'X.X.X.X/32 via
Y.Y.Y.Y'. However, we're using DVR and when we add the static routes,
they do not show up anywhere in any of the namespaces. Is there a
different way to add static routes on DVR instead of using openstack
router add route ?

--
Jean-Philippe Méthot
Senior Openstack system administrator