Retiring and shutting down the ethercalc.openstack.org service

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 4 20:18:47 UTC 2022

On 2022-05-05 01:06:01 +0530 (+0530), Goutham Pacha Ravi wrote:
[...]
> Does anyone know of a decent free/opensource hosted spreadsheet
> alternative?
[...]

There are public instances hosted at ethercalc.net and
framacalc.org, but they likely suffer from most of the same
deficiencies which have made us hesitant to do the work to continue
running one ourselves. Hunting around briefly I find references to
something similar called jQuery.sheet/WickedGrid, but it seems to
have been abandoned for even longer (and I didn't spot any running
public instance to try out).
--
Jeremy Stanley