Magnum metrics-server not working

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at me.com
Tue May 3 18:22:35 UTC 2022

Hi,

Is the metrics-server broken by default in magnum? I tried for several hours to get it running, but running kubectl top nodes fails.

Message:               failing or missing response from https://10.100.2.4:8443/apis/metrics.k8s.io/v1beta1: Get "https://10.100.2.4:8443/apis/metrics.k8s.io/v1beta1": net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

I also googled a lot but only found similar issues for k8s clusters not deployed via magnum. I remembered from my other cluster that I had to enable enable-aggregator-routing=true in kupe-apiserver and --kubelet-insecure-tls for the metrics-server.

But this also doesn’t help. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Oliver