Volume attached to removed instance

Derek O keeffe derekokeeffe85 at yahoo.ie
Wed Mar 30 08:16:12 UTC 2022

Hi all,
We are having an issue with a volume. The volume was created and attached to an instance that was then deleted. We now need to attach the volume to another instance to rescue the data on it but it still thinks it's attached to the deleted instance and we can't "manage attachments" or view the details of the volume.
We have tried forcing it from the cli to detach but with no luck. We were thinking of doing it through the DB but said we'd askhere first in case anyone has experienced the same and has a better way of approaching the issue. Thanks in advance.
Regards,Derek